If you want to know how to get verified on Clapper, you’ve come to the right place. Being verified does not only represent that blue check mark next to your profile picture, it stands for the recognition of your hard work creating amazing content.
Here are some steps to get a little closer to your verification:
Know The Types Of Verification
There are two types of verification: Creator Verification and Blue Check Verification. They both have different requirements, but they go hand in hand. First, you apply to be a Verified Creator. Then, when you are approved, you can apply for Blue Check Verification.
- Creator Verification
What Do You Need To be verified?
Not everyone is eligible to apply for verification. However, It’s not impossible. For Creator Verification you only need to meet two requirements:
- Have at least 7 videos created in the last 30 days
- Have at least 1 video over 3,000 views
Sounds like a lot (we know!), but if you put a lot of consistency and effort into your videos, we guarantee it will resonate with the people. Just be yourself! If you have done both of these things. Congrats! You are ready to apply.
What Will We Be Checking In Your Application?
- Username: Insulting words are not allowed.
- Profile photo: No pornography, drug involvement or underage photos are permitted. However, personal real photos are encouraged. Let us see the real you!
- Bio: No illegal URLs and unfriendly words.
- Originality and Quality: The content you created needs to be relevant to the verified field, with no other watermarks and of good quality. We want original content, no copycats!
- Submit at least one document as evidence to prove your verified field. Which can be business license, vocational certificate, employer letter and business card, working photo that can prove your identity, award certificate, medal of honor, qualification certificate. If you are a social celebrity, you are required to provide a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license, passport or ID card).
IMPORTANT! For users who apply for “content creator” verification, if you cannot provide strong supporting documents, please be sure to focus on your videos. It’s all about the content! What you created is important to us, and we will take it into account when we do verify you. Official verification description will be generated on your profile page after your Creator Verification is completed.
Now, All You Have To Do Is Sit Back And Wait…
Once you have applied, the review will be completed within 7 business days. If you fail, you will be notified by the system and you can reapply after 30 days. Some users may receive a notice of revision. Please revise your application within 3 days, then submit it again. We will only give you one chance to revise your content. Be ready!
Don’t Stop Creating Once You’ve Been Verified
You’ve worked so hard. Don’t quit once you’re at the top. Users who have passed Creator Verification need to keep good quality of creation. Your creator verification may be removed due to the following reasons:
1. Illegal information appears in the username, profile photo or bio.
2. In the past 30 days, the original content you created is less than 60% the average and most of your content is reposted.
3. Low quality or blurry content.
4. Contents you created are not relevant to the verified field.
5. Violating the Community Guidelines.
6. Identity fraud.
7. No more new updates for a long time.
A Few Notes On Removal of Verification:
- If your Creator Verification is removed due to above reasons, you can reapply after 30 days. You can get Creator Verification again after meeting the requirements.
- If you want to remove Creator Verification, you can use the application portal. After confirming, your verification description will be revoked, and you cannot reapply within 30 days. Please proceed with caution.
- If you have completed Blue Check Verification, then choose to remove Creator Verification. Your verification description and blue check mark will be removed together. Please proceed with caution.
2. Blue Check Verification
You’ve done it! You are now a verified creator. It’s time to apply to the Blue Check Verification. This type of verification gives users a blue check mark next to their username and its usually harder to obtain. To apply, you will need to meet the following conditions:
- Have at least 30,000 followers
- Have at least 10 videos created in the last 30 days
- Have at least 5,000 average video views in the last 30 days
- Continuously creating original videos with good quality
- A little advice: You should keep in mind to follow the Community Guideline and bring positive influence to the community.
We Want Game Changers!
We take Blue Check Verifications very seriously. We want people who are innovators and are changing the game within their field. In order to ensure the value of Blue Check Verification, we will strictly review every application. Submitting an application does not mean that it will be passed. Clapper has the final right to make interpretations.
A Few Notes On Removal of Verification:
- If your blue check mark is removed due to violation of community guidelines, Creator Verification will still be retained temporarily. Clapper will determine whether to restore your Blue Check Verification according to the case of your violations.
- If you want to remove the blue check mark, you can use the application portal. After confirming, your blue check mark will be removed, and you cannot reapply within 30 days. Please proceed with caution.
- Creators who have made special contributions to the community will be verified as an exception. Clapper has the final right to make interpretations.
That’s All Folks!
Remember, with Clapper Verification comes great Clapper responsibility. We advise you to always be authentic, be creative and be kind to everyone in the Clapper community. Doing meaningful content is the first step to have a successful account but being unique and involved in your community is the key to being verified.
For tutorial on how to apply for verification, check Clapper Academy on Clapper App: https://newsclapper.com/video/LX6YNpeB5X7zoRGj?r=02PVZyBkPj